Walnut Creek – Sunday Swims
Here are some important things to know about swimming at Walnut Creek:
Time: Sundays, 8:30-10:00am
Walnut Creek Country Club
25501 Johns Road
South Lyon, 48178
- You must be USMS registered to participate. If you are not we will require you register before jumping in the pool. This is a requirement of our insurance coverage through USMS.
- It is $5 cash on the pool deck. We will have an envelope on the table with a sign in sheet so we can keep track of attendance as well. Typically we have change but it’s helpful if you bring a $5. This covers the cost of the lifeguard and coach for practice. If you forget we will work on the honor system – bring it next time.
- We have kickboards available but that is it so bring your own gear!
- We will be using Remind to cancel in the event of inclement weather – NOT EMAIL! If you show up and the doors are locked you may have missed a notification that practice is cancelled. Once you have joined when we cancel practice you will receive a text notification or e-mail to your phone (however you designate it when you set it up) that practice is cancelled – it’s that simple.
- Here is how to Sign-Up:
Remind: Once you have joined you will receive text notifications to your phone (or email if that is your preference), with the latest announcments – it’s that simple.
To sign up, go to www.remind.com
1. Click Sign Up. You will be prompted for a phone number or email address. If you enter a phone number you will get a 4 digit code texted to you for verification. If you entered an email address, you will not get the 4 digit code.
2. You will be asked to enter: First, Last Name and a Password.
3. The next page will ask who you are: Teacher, Student, Parent, or Administrator. Select “Student”.
3. The next prompt is for a class code @_________. Enter: macsw06
4. Click Join. Thats it!
- Walnut Creek is a private country club and we are lucky to be able to use it free of charge for the summer so please be respectful while on property. When you drive onto the property you will pass a small building on your right and make a right turn into the main parking lot. Drive all the way to the end and the pool house is directly in front of you. You will need to make another right turn and drive around to the left and park in the small lot to the right of the pool house. You should be able to see the baby pool and green mushroom waterfall where you can park your car (this leaves the main lot for member parking). I will open the locker room doors for you about 8:20. After practice is over we need to be out of the locker rooms by about 10:30. Please make sure to clean up and close lockers, etc so that the pool is ready for members when we open. There are showers available for you after practice.